Pixelated Moments

Need for religions...


What is a better way to start this photo blog than to start with what India is rich with - religion. There are umpteen numbers of reasons why we are religious. But I personally think that the primary reason is, the uncertainty that hangs over each of us here.

Take for example this: When I flew out of India for the first time, I flew from a city called Madras. Then after few months, when I flew back, the city wasn't there anymore. I mean, geographically the city was still there, but its name was changed. This is a country where bus route KK 47 to KK Nagar can almost in a midnight change to JJ 47 to JJ Nagar!! How on earth would I know that? Simple answer is, welcome to India.

Or take the road traffic. The guy in front of you (more so, if it is an autoricksaw) will indicate that he is turning right. So you slow down to let him go, and hey, he is turning left. And here is where 'this will be done in 10 minutes' can take as long as ... well, no one knows exactly, but more often it would drag to few hours and sometimes, if you're unlucky, few days.

Then there are plenty of 'Man proposes; woman disposes'.

As you see, nothing is certain in our land. So, we need someone to yell at, complain to, throw the blame. And once we are done with all of that, we need a shoulder to cry. So we invented God. One might say that, this is how every religion starts. True, but we are still religious and deeply so, because uncertainty still reigns. You might disagree, but this is my opinion. (Just because I pictured a temple, don't mistake my opinion to be that about Hinduism; my opinion is about religions in general)

By the way, the temple in this picture is the first one that I visited (as an young boy, I visited Murugan temple in Tiruchendur and Jakkamal temple in Panchalankurichi; but those were as a tourist), which is in Tambaram, Madras; oops sorry Chennai.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Diana Crabtree said...

LOL :)

I look forward to seeing more pictures :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home